WHAT DOES IT KILL?
Paint Shield® microbicidal paint kills 99.9% of Staph (Staphylococcus aureus), E. coli (Escherichia coli), MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), VRE (Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis) and Enterobacter aerogenes on painted surfaces within two hours of exposure, and continues to kill 90% of bacteria for up to four years when the integrity of the surface is maintained.
The Sherwin-Williams Paint Shield® microbicidal paint formula is patented in the U.S. and EPA-registered. It has passed rigorous EPA test protocol conducted by third-party labs. Paint Shield® underwent vigorous scrubbing tests and repeated exposure tests to make sure that when exposed to normal wear and tear, cleaning and scrubbing, it maintains its effectiveness (for up to four years when the integrity of the surface is maintained) and meets the high-quality standards of all Sherwin-Williams products.
• Today’s paint can do more than look great –new functionality offers added benefits to building owners, managers and occupants
• By killing disease‐causing bacteria on painted surfaces, Paint Shield® Microbicidal Paint provides your customers an additional new tool to help prevent the spread of harmful bacteria such as Staph and MRSA on painted surfaces
Paint Shield® microbicidal paint goes on just like any other interior paint, and can be applied on ceilings, walls, doors and trim throughout the home. Originally developed for health care facilities, athletic facilities, schools and other specialized business settings, Paint Shield® is also ideal for any residence, especially in the bathroom, kitchen and laundry room. Just like any interior paint, two coats are required over a previously primed or painted surface. It can be applied with traditional paint brushes and rollers.
Paint Shield® microbicidal paint is available in 550 colors and in the popular eg-shel sheen.
Please give me a call!
PAINTS WITH ANTI‐MICROBIAL AGENTS
~Inhibit the growth of microorganisms, such as mildew and mold on painted surfaces
~Protect the film itself from degradation
~Inhibit bacterial odor growth on the painted surface
~Microbicidal substances or compounds go a step further by actually killing microscopic organisms on painted surfaces
~Paints formulated with these properties are designed to kill harmful bacteria on painted surfaces
~Must be registered and approved by the EPA
Schools and Colleges
Senior Care Communities
• Surfaces painted with Paint Shield® Microbicidal Paint should be cleaned when necessary ‐ just like other painted surfaces in the facility.
• Cleaning does not impact the bacterial reduction performance of the painted surface provided the surface integrity is maintained.
• No special cleaning products are needed ‐‐ cleaning products typically used on painted surfaces are fine.